I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

 Title: I Am Malala

Author: Malala Yousafzai

Genre: Autobiography


Rating: 5/5


I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

Review: I Am Malala is the true story of Malala Yousafzai. Malala is a famous advocate for equal education for girls. Growing up in Pakistan under Taliban control, she was told that she couldn’t go to school simply because of her gender. She had to wear a veil to cover her face. She spoke out against these injustices and received death threats, but she persevered. One day, while riding on a bus from school, she was shot in the head by a member of the Taliban. The doctors transported her from Pakistan to England on a private jet. It was a miracle she survived. 

One of the most memorable takeaways of this book is that despite all the trauma Malala has experienced, she continues to live her life on her own terms. She is still the girl who is worried about her grades and if her best friend is mad at her. Malala tells this story with humor and hope but doesn’t gloss over the terrible experiences she had with the Taliban. 


I did not know how unfair girls are treated in this part of the world and am changed by reading this book. I highly recommend I Am Malala.



No comments

Do you have a book you’d like reviewed? Post it here!